25 Oct 6 reasons why we should all be eating Hummus
Once we as a traditional Lebanese Restaurant in Dubai saw those exiting reasons, we couldn’t but share them with all of you.
1. Chickpeas may help reduce your cancer risk.Foods that contain folate may reduce the risk of colorectal cancers (like colon cancer), possibly because of the nutrient’s role healthy cell division. What’s more, researchers believe dietary fiber helps promote the growth of healthy bacteria in the colon, which is also protective against cancer.
2. Eating hummus is part of the “Mediterranean diet,” which is super good for you.According to a study in The New England Journal of Medicine, about 30 percent of heart attacks, strokes and deaths from heart disease can be prevented in people who are at high risk if they switch to the Mediterranean diet. And since eating beans is a big part of this diet, what could be more Mediterranean than eating a bean spread rumored to have originally been made by people in Egypt?
3. It’s a much better spread to use on bread (trust us).If you are trying to find healthier ways to continue to eat your (not so healthy) foods, hummus can be your savior. Instead of the typical cream cheese on a bagel, be different and try hummus — it’s even delicious with lox! Food Republic suggests replacing the mayonnaise in chicken salad and deviled eggs with hummus for a healthy twist. Or you could just use hummus as a replacement for sandwich spreads. Just take a hint from Two Peas & Their Pod and mix hummus and avocado with roasted red pepper for a healthy and seriously tasty lunch.
4. It’s so easy to make your own.According to this recipe from Food & Wine, all you need to make your own hummus is a food processor, a can of chickpeas, a garlic clove, extra virgin olive oil, tahini, lemon juice and salt. Then all you have to do is throw all the ingredients in the processor. Voila! Homemade hummus is all yours to gorge on.
5. Because the rest of the world also seems to want to eat more hummus.If you’re starting to feel like you may have a serious hummus problem, don’t worry, the rest of the world is right there with you. Check Twitter and you’ll see that people can’t resist talking about their serious obsession with the good stuff. So go ahead, accept your addiction, and take solace in knowing that it’s one of the healthiest foods to consume on an hourly daily basis.
6. And, finally, because this humongous plate of hummus was made.We hope you enjoyed every “bite” of the article and we ask you to stay tuned for many more to come about supreme Lebanese Food.After such an article about a delicious, healthy and popular Lebanese Meal you have to pass by our Lebanese Restaurant in Dubai or order Lebanese Food Online to taste this heavenly Lebanese Meal and more.